Friday, January 16, 2009

Cheers!

Work today was fantastic! While we are still not in the kitchen, we did get to have our big giant Food and Beverage meeting where we all finally got to meet one another. Front of the House and Back of the House all in the same room together for the very first time!
Orientation meetings are always hard to stay awake for, and this one was no different. However, at the end, Jason our GM, ordered us all to rush down to the lower level of the building we have been meeting in and once we got down there...I almost started to cry. Jason, and all the other managers were standing around a table with wine and glasses and they passed out red wine to all the ladies and white for the boys and we all toasted and it was just so wonderful. During the little speech there was honestly a time when I turned to the girl next to me and said "Oh, gosh! This shit is going to make me cry!" I made it through with no tears, but I can not even put into words how excited and proud to be a part of this opening I am!

No comments: